Hack and Slash games have been around for a while; even some classic video games like Gauntlet, Altered Beast and Castlevania could be considered part of the genre. The premise of these games is to cut up opponents into tiny kibbles in as many satisfyingly gory ways as possible. As hardware become more complex, so did the Hack-and-Slash. Many recent games pit a super-warrior against a literal army of foes, which can be awe-inspring.
There’s nothing really complicated about these types of games, and many of them have redundant gameplay ad nauseum. But I guess that’s part of the genre’s charm. One way developers have made new games more appealing is to churn out the eye-candy, in terms of graphical visuals and scantily-clad heroines.
SouthPeak games has published X-Blades, which is a new hack-and-slash video game for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. The gameplay is nothing new. Well, neither is the story. But the sexy heroine and graphics of the game are really some of the best I’ve seen.
Available: Available Now
Developer: Gaijin Entertainment / Topware Interactive
Genre: Action Players: 1
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3, XBOX 360®, PC
ESRB Rating: M
X-Blades invites players into a fantastic universe where the enchanting heroine Ayumi fends off innumerable monsters and imposing bosses with her power, spells, fighting tactics and her deadly Pistol Blades! The anime-style level and character designs are what give X-Blades its special flair. Nearly 40 indoor and outdoor worlds dazzle players in an enthralling rhapsody of color and detail.
Non-stop action and vivid magical effects are impressively incorporated in gameplay through the use of cinema styling such as bullet time or motion blurring. X-Blades will prove to be a hack ‘n’ slash spectacle for fans of entertaining action games and anime!
- Gripping fantasy story featuring an attractive anime-style heroine, spectacular landscapes and characters
- Transform into special Light or Dark forms, each of which boosts the player’s speed and power
- Innovative “Pistol Blades” for shooting projectiles and close quarters fights
- Over 40 indoor and outdoor level environments
- Over 30 different types of enemies
- Over 20 different types of magic in different classes
- Strong boss opponents in fantastic detail and designs
- Hidden artifacts encourage players to fully explore levels
- Alternate endings depending upon the player’s behavior throughout the game