Many hardcore Warcraft gamers use add-ons.* Basically, they make it possible to rearrange things for ease of use and to make your interface much less cluttered.* There are bars that make all your buttons 1/4 smaller than original, letting you fit more buttons into a smaller area.* There is an add-on called Necrosis, which is a great tool for Warlocks.* It shows how many soul shards you have left and has small buttons with quick access to your demonic spells.
How do you choose the best add-on for your character?* You can simply Google, or you could check out http://wow.curse.com/downloads/addons/
There are hundreds of different tools to help you level faster, guide you through quests, raid more efficiently, and make vast amounts of gold to quickly turn you into a tycoon.* Many people are kind of stand-offish on the idea of editing the contents of an installed software folder.* That’s why I’m going to guide you through installing your add-ons without screwing up your game.* Nothing takes longer to reinstall that World of Warcraft.
- Download the tool that you wish to use.
- Extract it to a folder on your desktop.* Make sure there is only one parent folder containing the files.
- Make sure that WoW has been shut down and you have exited the software completely.
- Navigate to your WoW install folder.* By default this should be C:World of Warcraft.
- Open the “Interface” folder.* If there is not one then create one.
- Open the “Addons” folder.* As before, if there is not one, create it.
- Copy the folder containing your add-on files that is on your desktop.
- Paste this inside the Addons folder in your WoW directory.
- Now close everything and start your game.
- Sign in, then click on the Add-ons button on the bottom left, before you select your character.
- In the Add-ons screen, check the box beside “enable out of date add-ons”.
- Exit back to your character screen, and play WoW.
- You will have to arrange things the way you want them, as your add-ons with be effective immediately.
Okay, that’s it.* One other tip, when searching through the multitude of add-ons and tools available for your World of Warcraft software, be sure you download from reputable creators and don’t download anything that involves a risk of you being banned from your servers.* Alright, now go play.