SAN FRANCISCO – September 7, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas, a squad-based action game will be coming to the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. For the first time ever, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six brings its frenetic counter-terrorist gameplay and signature multiplayer modes to the PSP system. The game is being developed by Ubisoft’s studio in Quebec City, and will be available holiday 2006. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas will also be available for the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
In a story paralleling the next-generation console versions of the game, the PSP version will feature exclusive new content and all-new characters as Las Vegas finds itself in chaos and Rainbow operatives are forced to defend one of the most recognizable cities in the world. The future of Las Vegas and global security is in your hands … will you be able to save Vegas?
PSP Key Features:
- New Team, New Location – Two new Rainbow operatives enter the impending doom that is Las Vegas as their console brethren, Keller, Park and Walter, simultaneously work against the clock to save “Sin City.”
o As Brian Armstrong, work as a field operative and assault expert, taking down tangos from the ground floor.
o As Shawn Rivers, use your sniper and long-range shooting skills to pick off terrorists from above, one at a time.
- Tag-Team Gameplay – In single-player mode, play as both a field operative and sniper as you battle to protect the innocent from carnage.
- Observe – Plan – Assault – Use tactical planning to maneuver through Vegas environments while utilizing high-tech equipment like snake cams to strategically “tag” terrorists prior to entering a room.
- Take Cover – When the action heats up, switch to third-person view while taking cover, giving you time to examine the situation before making your move.
- Tailored Control System – Shoot your way out of relentless gun battles utilizing a tailored control system built specifically for the PSP system.
- Player Rewards – Build up your stats to unlock exclusive Rainbow Six Vegas content, including concept art and the feverish Terrorist Hunt mode.
- Terrorist Hunt Mode – Hone your skills in Terrorist Hunt mode, where your objective is simple – kill the terrorists. Enter specific points of single-player maps and down the spawning terrorists one at a time.
- Multiplayer – Take the fight to five of your closest friends via wireless (Ad Hoc) or online play (Infrastructure) in Survival and Team Survival multiplayer modes, while exploring six classic Rainbow Six maps.
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® please visit www.rainbowsixgame.com.