Game Type: Action Platformer
Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller
Game storyline: When some creature escapes into space with Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the galaxy.
Characters: Mario, Peach and enemies new and old.
How to progress through the game: Players run, jump and battle enemies as they explore all the planets in the galaxy. Since this game makes full use of all the features of the Wii Remote, players have to do all kinds of things to succeed: pressing buttons, swinging the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk, and even pointing at and dragging things with the pointer.
Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Since he’s in space, Mario can perform mindbending jumps unlike anything he’s done before. He’ll also have a wealth of new moves that are all based around tilting, pointing and shaking the Wii Remote.
The ultimate Nintendo hero is taking the ultimate step … into space.
- Become Mario as he traverses gravity-bending galaxies, traveling in and out of gravitational fields by blasting from planet to planet. Players experience dizzying perspective shifts as they run upside down through wild alien worlds that need to be seen to be believed. Whether you’re surfing on a ray across an ocean in the clouds, rolling on a ball through a treacherous garden, or floating in a bubble over a poisonous swamp, there’s no limit to the cosmic challenges you’ll encounter!
- Controlling Mario is simple with the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™. Players move Mario with the Control Stick and shake the Wii Remote to perform a spin move or cue stars that launch him to and from planetary objects. Players can even point at Star Bits to collect them or latch on to stars to blaze a magnetic trail through the heavens.
- Don’t want to head into space alone? With a second Wii Remote, another player can play alongside by pointing at and collecting Star Bits, then launching them at enemies. The second player can even sweep aside projectiles or stall enemies to help make Mario’s adventure easier.
- Search the depths of space for all-new transformations! As Boo Mario, you can hover over the ground and even slip through walls! Or, transform into Bee Mario and buzz through the sky!
- Shake, tilt and point! Mario takes advantage of all the unique aspects of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller, unleashing new moves as players shake the controller and even point at and drag items with the pointer.
- Mario essentially defined the 3-D platforming genre with Super Mario 64, and this game proves once again that he is king. Players perform mind-bending, lowgravity jumps across wild alien terrain as they experience platforming for a new generation.