Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that STAR OCEAN® THE LAST HOPE™: INTERNATIONAL will be released on the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system across all PAL territories on 12th February 2010. The game is being developed by acclaimed studio tri-Ace Inc.
Previously only available for Xbox 360®, STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE: INTERNATIONAL continues the series traditions of soaring space opera, blending science fiction with fantasy for a unique RPG experience. The PS3 version will include the option for players to choose English or Japanese voiceovers and localised subtitles in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE: INTERNATIONAL’s refined gameplay features four party members and team-oriented combat, while maintaining the innovative real-time battle system that has become a trademark of the STAR OCEAN series.
Larry Sparks, Vice President of Brand, Square Enix products comments, “STAR OCEAN: The Last Hope was well received by fans and Xbox 360 owners when it was released in June this year. We’re very pleased to be able to announce the release of this game on PLAYSTATION 3. The epic sci-fi storyline and superb graphics will make it an essential release for many PS3 owners.”
About STAR OCEAN THE LAST HOPE: INTERNATIONAL
The year is S.D. 10. In the aftermath of World War III, humanity voyages into the stars in search of a new home… and a second chance.
• Choose between English and Japanese voiceovers – only available on the PS3 version
• A prequel that combines sci-fi and fantasy elements, spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the STAR OCEAN universe.
• Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise’s famous real-time battle system, including amazing graphics and visual effects
• Feature breathtaking CG movies by Visual Works, the cutting-edge studio whose previous work includes cut-scenes for the acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® RPG series
• Text localised for PAL territories with French, German, Spanish and Italian subtitles and menu screens