If you have a Media Center PC, then you no doubt have lots of digital media stored on it. You probably also have this media shared out so that you can access them from other PCs. Unfortunately, if you selected the option to have shared media available during your setup of Media Center, you will notice that your PC will no longer enter Sleep Mode. Media Center disables the Sleep Mode function to allow the shared media to be accessed.
You may not want your Media Center PC turned on all day, because they consume alot more electricity than a traditional home theater appliance. Media Center will awaken from its nap to record a show when in sleep mode, and then lull itself back to sleep.
To restore Sleep Mode functionality, do the following:
1. Go to the Control Panel.
2. Select Classic View in the left pane.
4. Go to the current power plan and select Change advanced power settings.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the list.
7. Expand Multimedia settings.
8. Expand When sharing media.
9. Click on the setting so that it changes to a dropdown.
10. Select Allow the computer to sleep.
11. Click OK.
12. Close the Edit Plan Settings window.