I’m not the biggest fan of external HD enclosures. It seems that the speed of transfer is always too slow and the heat build-up causes you to lose data right up until the hard drive finally just dies. So when I received the Qnap QBack-35S, I was naturally wary of sticking one of my precious HD’s in there. Eventually though, I realized that it would have to be done. None of my friends were willing to let me gut their computers to borrow a hard drive.
First off, let’s have a little background on our subject. The QNAP QBack-35S Automatic File Backup Station is an encrypted data backup center designed for people who want a little more security for their data. Namely, an AES 256-bit data encryption. QBack-35S is a 3.5” single SATA drive external enclosure which is compatible with major hard disk drive brands. It supports up to 1TB capacity, USB 2.0, and eSATA high-speed data transfer. It offers hands-free and real-time automatic file backup along with Email backup. Four backup modes are provided including auto-sync backup, instant backup, one-touch-button backup, and schedule backup.
QBack-35S main features:
- Automatic file backup (one-way synchronization) through the powerful QBack auto-backup software installed on PC/notebook.
- Multiple choices of backup modes:
Auto-Backup (one-way synchronization)
One-Touch-Button (OTB) backup (For QBack Software with USB connection only).
- Incremental backup feature for all modes, only modified files and newly created files on computer will be backed up to save time.
- Smart detection of backup file size and available storage capacity on the disk to ensure successful backup.
- Backup all files in computer including all mails in Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail (for Vista), My Documents, Favorites, Fonts, and Desktop.
- Advanced data encryption technology (AES 256-bit) to make sure the backup data is securely protected at all times.
- Hard disk can be partitioned into 2 disks: Public and Secure disks by Quick Install Wizard.
- USB 2.0 and eSATA interfaces for faster backup file transfer rate.
- Support 3.5″ SATA HDD up to 1TB (not included).
- Support Windows Vista (32-bit)/ XP/ 2000/ Server 2003.
- Convenient data restore to original paths.
- Multilingual support: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russia
|Hardware Spec||Software Spec|