We originally tested the Gamecom 777 5.1 surround headset last year (read the review here) and performed rather well. Plantronics has updated their headphones to support 7.1 surround, so today we’re going to look at the updated product, the Gamecom 777 7.1 Gaming Headset.
This open-eared headset with 7.1 Dolby Headphone technology gives you an unparalleled audio advantage that lets you hear your opponents before you see them. Connect with the Dolby USB sound card for a true 7.1 experience. But if needed, an analogue connection is also provided. Stay comfortable with a lightweight frame and specially designed ear pods that redistribute pressure. When you’re ready to fire off orders, unveil the hidden, noisecancelling mic boom to strategize clearly with team members. Responses coming in? Adjust audio levels using in-line volume and mic-mute controls.
• Dolby headphone technology delivers a virtual 7-channel audio experience
• Dolby USB sound card is the only way to get the 7.1 experience
• Open-ear design keeps you connected to the game and your surroundings
• Concealed mic boom stays hidden until you’re ready to use it
• Specially designed earpods redistribute pressure for maximum comfort
• In-line volume and mic-mute controls allow for easy audio adjustment
• Noise-cancelling microphone lets you communicate clearly
• Rugged, military-grade design and extra-strength cables make your hardware hardcore
On the next page we open the box and take a look at her goodies…