Extra Live has today announced the launch of Le Tour de France 2011 – The Official Game on iOS devices. Players can now assemble their own team of five racers and train and manage them all the way to victory in the world’s biggest and oldest cycling event. Racing across 21 true-to-life stages of the Tour, players must use all five racers and employ true cycling tactics to defeat challenging AI opponents also vying for the top spot. Le Tour de France 2011 – The Official Game is available now for download from the App Store for $2.99.
Key highlights of Le Tour de France 2011 include:
• Choose from a list of riders with different styles – rouleur, baroudeur, sprinter, and climber – to assemble a team you can manage to victory along the Champs-Élysées.
• Employ real cycling strategy and tactics like drafting, relaying, and sprinting to break down your opponents.
• Compete against realistic AI performing breakaways and defensive tactics to claim the yellow, green, and polka dot jerseys.
• Race like a true champion through the real 21 stages of the Tour de France, with true-to-life locations, names, and stage features – from the grueling climbs of Mont Ventoux and Col du Galibier to the flat laps of the Champs-Élysées.
• Enjoy vivid landscapes specific to each stage and clean interfaces for managing teams, riders, and results.
• Use Facebook to ask for support from your friends – each “Like” to your wall post will add energy points to give your riders an instant boost – a world premiere, never seen in an iOS game before.
Download the official Le Tour de France 2011 game on the iTunes App Store today to build your team of cyclists and start racing.
• iPhone and iPod Touch: http://itunes.com/apps/tourdefrance2011theofficialgame
• iPad: http://itunes.com/apps/tourdefrance2011hdtheofficialgame
For more information on the official Le Tour de France 2011 mobile game, visit the official website at http://letour-officialgame.com/indexuk.html.
The game “Le Tour de France 2011” is developed and published by EXTRA LIVE. All Rights Reserved. Copyright EXTRA LIVE 2009 – 2011. Le Tour de France is a registered trademark of A.S.O. Copyright A.S.O. 2011
About Extra Live
Founded by Jérôme Bell in 2004, EXTRA LIVE is a reputed Games & applications publisher for mobile, smartphones and tablets with a worldwide distribution. EXTRA LIVE has created, developed and published top sport hits such as Tour de France, Vendée Globle/Virtual regatta sailing race, Click Shoot… They have also a strong focus on adventure games like Sherlock Holmes, Mc Venture and has launched CHOYOOZ, the first Comics Manga store on mobile in July 2009. Their games are very innovative, mass market and make perfect use of social networks like Facebook.