THX for your PC
Personal Computers are no longer the beige office machines of yesteryear: they are serious entertainment appliances capable of delivering a great home theater or gaming experience. Those serious about the sound their PC produces will certainly have a high-quality sound card and great set of speakers. While a separate amp and speaker separates may be overkill for the average gamer (particularly in the price department), there are several speaker sets that can deliver a satisfying soundscape.
The tinny sound of “Labtech” PC speakers are thankfully gone. Speakers intended for today’s computers come with the high signal-to-noise ratios, industry certifications, digital decoding and other features that previously belonged solely to elite home theater equipment.
One product vying for your home entertainment dollars is Logitech, who have been developing quality PC accessories for years. Their previous generations of computer speakers have won many awards, and one of their most proven sets is the Z-5300e THX Certified 5.1 Speaker System. THX certification means that you’re not just getting Logitech’s word on it, but also George Lucas’ seal-of-approval that these speakers deliver.
- THX audio: Immerse yourself in sound with a subwoofer and five satellite speakers.
- Patented dual-chamber subwoofer design: Pump it up with twice the bass of conventional designs.
- Phase plug satellite speakers: Experience balanced sound with an aluminum driver that projects both superb high-end and rich mid-range tones.
- Matrix mode with source selector switch: Creates breathtaking 5.1 surround sound from stereo, four-channel, or 5.1 sound sources.
- Elegant design: Shows off your style with silver speaker accents and removable black cloth grilles.
- SoundTouch™ wired remote control: Assume control of your listening experience with a full-featured wired remote that provides a master volume control and separate volume controls for subwoofer, center channel, and rear channels. Includes a headphone jack for private listening.
- Versatile satellite speakers: Pedestals rotate easily for mounting on walls or flat surfaces.
- Game console-ready: Connect to your favorite gaming console with the provided adapter.
- Total FTC power: 280 watts RMS
Left/right: 35.25 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1 kHz, @ 10% THD)
Rear left/right: 35.25 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1 kHz @ 10% THD)
Subwoofer: 100 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100 Hz, @ 10% THD)
Center channel: 39 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1 kHz, @ 10% THD)
- Total peak power: 560 watts
- Frequency response: 35 Hz–20 kHz
Satellites: 2.5-inch aluminum phase plug driver
Subwoofer: 6.51-inch high-excursion driver
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D, inches):
Satellites: 8 x 3.75 x 3.5
Subwoofer: 11.813 x 11.75 x 14.5
Center channel: 5 x 6.625 x 3
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >85 dB
- Input selector switch:
SoundTouch™ remote control
Sub, center, and surround levels
Matrix surround sound
- Speakers: 4 satellites, 1 subwoofer, 1 center channel
- Cables: Power cord, color-coded audio cables
- SoundTouch™ remote control
- Game console adapter
- User manual
- 2-year limited warranty