I’ve reviewed a number of watercooling kits and blocks and handled even more, but this would be the first time to review / install a full watercooling set, with all from the same brand.
When we were contacted by Gigabyte to review one of their kits I was thinking “Oh, hell here comes another bogged-up low-quality kit”, but these thoughts turned out to be premature.
When I first got the box I was a bit offset by the color and pictures on the box it was a little overkill of info for me but on the other side it does have all the information about what your actually buying and then some, it just has too much for my personal taste.
But don’t judge a book by its cover, so lets have a little look inside. You can already see most of the contents trough the plastic window in the box, upon closer inspection all the components are securely and safely packaged snugly fitted into a precut foam tray housing all the components.
From left to right, the radiator, pump and reservoir, 2 splitters, top right is the mosfet cooling fan and below that is the cpu waterblock itself, and a bottle with coolant. When removing the foam tray we find all the things needed to install this set, including an instruction manual in 8 different languages.
- Large volume copper-base water-block
- Durable ceramic-bearing pump
- Low water-level protection (LWP) and over-temperature protection (OTP) (Patent pending)
- Transparent LED tank for refill visuals
- Large aluminum radiator with a 4-way water-path design
- Radiator quick-mount
- Multi-purpose Nano-scale GIGABYTE coolant
- 1/2 inch special flexible UV tubing
- Fully compliant with MOSFET cooling (Patent pending)
- GIGABYTE exclusive 4-way splitter valve for cooling upgrades
- PCI rear fan-speed controller
- Memory heat sinks includes
- Optimal chassis options: Gigabyte 3DAURORA series / Triton and Poseidon series
|Gigabyte Galaxy II Liquid Cooling System Specifications