The transitions in Windows Vista are neat, but there’s only one of them. Everyone keeps talking about how Vista is so much like Mac OS X, but OS X has a bunch of really neat hardware-accelerated window transitions, like flip, twist, fall down, etc.
Here’s how you can get more transitions out of Windows Vista:
Once you have Aero turned on, you can enable additional transition effects. Follow the steps below to add some additional desktop and explorer effects:
1. Start > Run, type “regedit” and hit Enter
2. Look for HKEY_Local_Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Explorer
3. Create a new DWORD and call it MILDesktop
4. Set the value of MILDesktop to 1
5. Create a new DWORD and call it MILExplorer
6. Set the value of MILExplorer to 1
7. Exit and restart.