The Nintendo Wii has resurrected the old ‘light gun’ gameplay of yesteryear. The formula has worked so well that several companies (including Nintendo) have unleashed specialized gun grips for the Wii controllers. Some of these controllers are better than others, depending on the features of the game, but gun grips do increase the fun in certain shooters.
Until now, consumers have had to deal with grips that feel similar to pistols or crossbows, but what about a shotgun or machine gun? Eagle Technology has released their Neptor Shotgun grip for the Nintendo Wii, which lets you hold your controllers like a Tommygun-wielding mobster.
- Manufacturer: Eagle Technology, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: ET-NPWGU100
- Product Name: Laser guided shotgun for Wii shooting games
- Product Type: Not Applicable
- Product Model: ET-NPWGU100
- Brand Name: Eagle Technology
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 1.89″ Height x 8.11″ Length x 17.76
This grip is essentially a plastic shell that holds your Wiimote and Nunchuck, but has a few extra features… namely a laser scope and foldable handle. The handle allows you to hold the gun similar to a Tommy Gun or WWII-era machine gun. Unfortunately the handle is not robust at all, and is easily broken (as happened to our review sample).