I could write another boring intro about how today’s computers require more power than ever before, many enthusiasts are now running multiple video cards, and how a good PSU is one of the most critical components of your computer system. You already know all of that.
Corsair has been known among PC enthusiasts as one of the best suppliers of high performance memory products for many years. Many companies are starting to broaden their product lines to include their own brands of power supplies, cases, and other equipment. To this end, Corsair has partnered with Seasonic (also known for their quality power supply units since the 1980s) to deliver a quality computer power supply with the Corsair name behind it, the HX620.
The fact is that the Corsair HX620W power supply should appeal to most PC enthusiasts, as it delivers more than enough power, even with SLI setups that require hundreds of watts of electricity. Add into the mix that this unit boasts greater than 80% efficiency, a five-year warranty, a quiet modular design and you’ll find one interested geek.
Features & Specifications
The Corsair HX620W/HX520W power supply is versatile and robust. Utilizing superior triple +12V power rails and a whisper quiet double ball-bearing 120mm fan, the HX620W/HX520W is ready for today’s most power hungry components. The HX620W/HX520W conforms to the latest ATX12V 2.2/EPS12V 2.91 and RoHS standards, and delivers unparalleled continuous power to all of your critical system components reliably and safely. Corsair’s easily detachable and flexible modular cables allow you to use only the cables you need and enhance the air flow inside your system. The HX620W/HX520W is backed with a Limited 5-Year Warranty and Corsair’s legendary customer service.
- Supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 standards and is backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems.
- Guaranteed compatibility with dual-GPU configurations.
- Double forward switching circuitry design offers high efficiency, up to 80% under wide load range.
- Active Power Factor Correction with PF value=0.99 provides clean and reliable power to your system.
- Universal AC input 90~264V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage. No more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch!
- Ultra quiet 120mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying the RPM in response to temperature.
- Guaranteed to deliver rated specifications at 50ºC.
- Triple 12V Rails provide independent reliable power to the CPU, video card and other components with a combined rating of 50A (40A on 520W) maximum! Advanced circuitry design that automatically enables power sharing between the triple +12V rails in an event of overload on any single +12V rail.
- Powerful +5Vsb rail with 3A rating.
- Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety for your critical system components.
- 105ºC rated industrial grade capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability, delivering 4 times the lifespan of conventional 85ºC rated capacitors.
- Enhanced modular flexible cables enable easier cable routing and increased airflow in the system.
- Gold Plated connectors provide oxide free ultra low-resistance contact between the power supply and your critical components.
- 8 Serial ATA connectors (4 on 520W).
- Dimension: 5.9″(W) x 3.4″(H) X 5.9″(L)
150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 150mm(L)
- MTBF: 100,000 Hours
- Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick.