There are a lot of new PC games coming out for the Christmas season this year, and that means that you (or your favorite PC enthusiast) need a really good gaming mouse. The problem with many good gaming peripherals is that they are rather expensive. On the flip side, the few inexpensive ones barely have enough features to be considered “gaming grade”. Cooler Master wants to change that by delivering a good gaming mouse with lots of features without spending a lot of money.
The Cooler Master Storm line of PC gaming products has a decent lineup of gear, and their latest is the Storm Recon Gaming Mouse. It features the same Avago 3090 optical sensor used in the Razer DeathAdder 3.5G, has on-the-fly tuning, has three lighting zones, and claims to be fully programmable.
- Avago 3090 optical sensor with 800-4000 dpi
- On-The-Fly Lift-Off-Distance adjustments
- On-The-Fly DPI adjustments
- On-The Fly USB polling rate adjustments
- Up to 1.5m/s or 60”/s tracking speed and 20G of acceleration
- Highest grade Japanese Omron micro switches
- Extra wide 16-bit USB data path
- 1000 Hz polling rate / 1ms response time
- Super Grip coated ambidextrous mousebody
- Ultra swift mouse feet
- Flexible 1.8 meter or 78.6 inch long cable
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 64.4 x 116.4 x 42 mm/ 2.53 x 4.58 x 1.65 inches
- Multicolor Mousewheel light to identify Profiles
On the next page we rip open the packaging…