We’ve reviewed many Home Theater cases over the years at OCModShop. Some of them have multimedia features that are seamlessly integrated with the case, while many others are nothing more than standard desktop cases with a fancy front panel. There are several cases I have owned that were awesome, but converting them into Home Theater cases would have been way more trouble than it would be worth. If only there was a way to implement an awesome display and media controls into any case…
Well finally there is a solution! Antec’s Veris Multimedia Station Premium is a front panel that uses the same technology found in most expensive HTPC cases today. As a matter of fact, the innards of this device are by Soundgraph using an implementation of iMon displays. These same displays have been implemented in pretty much every home theater case we’ve reviewed in the past 3 years.
The Multimedia Station family is a complete solution for home theater PC builders: a stylish IR receiver, a remote control and iMEDIAN HD by iMON software for media management and playback. With four distinct models available, the Multimedia Station can fit the needs of all builders, while the included iMEDIAN HD software supports full 1080p resolution and is compatible with Windows MCE and all versions of Vista™ and XP™. The Multimedia Station provides all the hardware and software you need to turn your PC into an entertainment center in one easy-to-use, easy-to-install package.
- RM200 Remote Control and Batteries
- 24-pin Power Adapter with 4 pin breakaway
- Internal USB Cable
- Installation mini-CD
- Installation Guide
- Mounting screws
- Antec Quality three-year parts and labor warranty
- IR receiver with LCD display to see system information, adjust the volume, check email status, and more
- IR receiver mounts in external 5.25″ drive bay
- Sleek remote with incredible functionality, allowing user to play and manage media, change settings, and browse via the easy-to-use Thumb Pad Mouse controller
- IMEDIAN software allows the playback of most media formats through internal codecs, full 1080p HD support, and a simple and convenient graphical interface
- Support for CD/DVD, removable storage, network media, and digital/TV analog cards
- Fully compatible with all versions of Windows XP™ and Vista™