I remember one time about two years ago I was sitting at a my friend’s house. I had brought over my custom PC and we were right in the middle of some hardcore zombie killing. My friend was standing on a ledge on top of a small store, and I was in the street luring zombies out so that he could pick them off with a bolt action sniper rifle. There are scenarios as engrossing to a horror gamer like me as fighting off packs of zombies with Molotov Cocktails and twin 9MMs. I jumped on top of a car and my friend ran down some steps, splattering brains as he went to keep them from surrounding me. I was out of ammo, and had resorted to slashing at them with a knife. It seemed like the day might be won, we would be heroes in the online zombie killing world. And then my screen went black. Everything shut down. I frantically pushed the button… to no avail. I watched on my friend’s screen as he was torn limb from limb by enraged blood-thirsty zombies.
I was nothing short of livid. I had just put this thing together the day before. I spent amounts of money that would have been put to better use in the stock market or some crap on a computer that died on me after 24 hours. Enraged, I went back to the store where I bought the parts and demanded to know which one of the components had fried my entire system. He took it apart and tested everything. Until he found the reason behind the power failure. The power supply. Funny how that hadn’t crossed my mind before. There is a moral to this story. If you are going to get high energy consuming components, get a high wattage PSU. Lest ye be in the dark.
I give to you the Antec Neopower 650 Blue. The high efficiency modular power supply that will get you through hordes of zombies, and then some. The ultimate combination of high power, high efficiency and cool style for today’s high performance PC systems. 650 watts of pure power, with 85% efficiency, cable management, and dedicated circuitry with a super-silent 120mm blue LED fan. Figured out why they call it the 650 Blue yet? I thought you would get it quickly. You’re so smart..
- nVidia SLI Certified
High Efficiency, Super Quiet Operation
- Highly efficient (up to 85%) with one super-silent 120mm fan keeps NeoPower cool and blue internal LED illumination
- Advanced Cable Management System
Improves internal airflow and reduces system clutter by allowing you to use only the cables you need
- Universal Input with Active PFC
Use anywhere in the world without worrying about input voltages, Active PFC to reduce electrical waste
- Dedicated Power Circuitry
Delivers safer, more reliable output to your system’s delicate components. Includes dedicated voltage outputs, triple +12V output circuits, voltage feedback circuitry, and tighter ?% regulation for improved system stability
- Supports ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V systems
- Low-speed 120mm blue LED fan delivers whisper-quiet cooling and ensures quiet operation by varying fan speed in response to load and conditions
- Three +12V output circuits provide maximum stable power for the CPU independently of the other peripherals
- Accurate power rating allows NeoPower to deliver its full rated power, 24 hours a day rated at 50ºC
- One 8 pin and one 6 pin PCI Express graphics card power connectors
- Four SATA connectors for your Serial ATA drives
- Industrial grade protection circuitry prevents damage resulting from short circuits (SCP), under voltage protection (UVP), power overloads (OPP), and excessive voltages (OVP)
- Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick.
- MTBF: 80,000 hours